Wednesday, August 28, 2013

They're Real - Mascara by Benefit

If you have an Instagram and any interest in makeup, chances are you have seen the infamous They're Real mascara by Benefit. After seeing 92750 girls and makeup artists posting about mascara, I finally dropped the $18.99 to give it a try.

PROS
It absolutely gives great eyelash coverage- the tip of the wand is a little spikey ball to get to even the corner lashes. I didn't notice a huge difference in volume- it gives me more of a long, thin lash look, which is okay with me, but I am not incredibly amazed by the results- only slightly amazed ;)

CONS
It's so hard to get off. Like so hard. I don't usually use makeup remover, I just use water to take off my makeup and then wash my face, but water doesn't do much with this mascara. I have to scrub my eyes raw to remove it. I may have to buy makeup remover for the first time in my life! But I really do like the results, so it may be worth the extra work. 

BOTTOM LINE: WOULD I BUY IT AGAIN?
Nope. I returned it! Once I tried a sample of the Clinique High Lengths mascara, I was hooked. I lost way too many lashes to trying to get They're Real- not cute!!



Currently listening to: "Do You?" by iFFY the Bad Man



No comments:

Post a Comment