Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Birchbox vs. Ipsy Glam Bag

I've long been a fan of getting mail- I check the mailbox every day at the same time like clockwork. When I discovered Birchbox, my mail game was instantly upgraded. Every month, I received a cute little box with about six high-enx products, usually sample-sized but still fun. Almost every month I would have a new perfume sample, a mini nail polish, a hair tie or shampoo sample, and some kind of beauty product like double stick tape. Afte a year, I realized I'd spent $120 and had very little to show for it besides a drawer full of samples.
Birchbox- Just for the record, this is a box advertised on their website- I belonged to the company for a year and NEVER got a box this good! Don't get me wrong- you'll occasionally get something good... but never more than one thing in a box... and never full size.


That's when I discovered the Ipsy Glam Bag and my life changed forever. Suddenly, I had full size nail polishes. Full sized! I had full-sized roll-on perfumes, full-sized lip stains or lipsticks, full-sized eyeliners or eyebrow color or lip liners, and a travel-sized hair product. Every month! And not to mention, it all comes packaged in a cute travel makeup bag, not a cardboard box! I immediately canceled Birchbox and dedicated myself to the Ipsy Glam Bag.

Ipsy Glam Bag- this is an actual bag I received and everything in it was awesome. While the eyeshadows are small, they're great quality (Coastal Scents) and last forever. The mascara is decent, and the lash cards are a lifesaver. The eyeliner pot is fullsize.

While I'd love to keep stocking up on samples, as I do use them, I feel Birchbox is less directed at me and what I need and moreso on whatever company is giving them sample products each month. With Ipsy, I am getting things I will actually use every month. It's pretty awesome! 

Birchbox and Glam Bag are both available at $10/month.

No comments:

Post a Comment